Villa Dicha has a fully equipped kitchen where you can go nuts on that perfect romantic dinner. At the Kaya Industrial, only five minutes drive from the villa, there are a number of big supermarkets where you can find all you need for some serious cooking.
Culinary Bonaire: Fish or meat for tonight?
But don’t forget the culinary side of Bonaire: there’s a ton of great restaurants and cafe’s on our little rock. Aside the great fries and burgers, I mean really-really good: delicious fresh fish, as expected, but also mouthwatering steaks, the colourful caribbean cuisine, really fancy, or just a pizza if you feel lazy, it’s all there.
It’s amazing and pretty unexpected to find so many really good restaurants on such a small island. Don’t forget to make reservations, especially during high season!
To make it super easy for you: my top 15 best restaurants on Bonaire:
- Brass Boer in Delfins Beach Resort. Culinary delights from none other than the famous dutch topchef Jonnie Boer himself … even though he’s not always there himself, it remains an unforgettable experience to dine here.
- At Sea. Culinary delights in good sizes portions with perfect service in style. If you have something to celebrate, you go here. If you have nothing to celebrate, go there too!
- It Rains Fishes. Eating delicious fish (or juicy meat) in a friendly atmosphere with the perfect oceanview, don’t look any further.
- Lekker Thuis, the restaurant in the Red Palm Village Resort: don’t want to miss this one: chef Corjan is a hidden secret, offering culinary cooking in a cosy restaurant next to the pool.
- Chefs Bonaire. A unique concept, no menus here and no small children, but an evening-filling culinary program where you will be surprised with a top-level five-course menu. Book well in advance!
- Mona Lisa. Golden oldie, for many years one of my favorites because of the relaxed ambiance and the delicious food. Try the daily menu, tables right on the street in the Kaya Grandi, recommended!
- The Beach. right at the coast, overlooking the ocean, opposite the Windsock resort, a meat or fish platter to share or the regular menu, it ’s always good and the atmosphere is great.
- Ocean Oasis Beach Resort, just a couple of miles down south, right at the coast as well, there’s this trendy beachclub, nice lounge music and a great place for some serious relaxation, wining and dining.
- Rum Runners. The kitchen is good and the view is amazing. Ask for a table at the edge by the sea, so you can see the school of tarpons that comes in to find food at sunset.
- Spice Beach Club. Trendy restaurant right next to Eden Beach Resort, beautiful view and small tapa-like dishes on the menu.
- Osaka Sushi Bar. Ask for a table outside on the terrace if you don’t mind a little traffic noise. On the first floor, easy to miss, but the sushi is delicious.
- Sebastian’s. just south of the main boulevard, a beautiful waterfront terrace with a private jetty with a table-for-two, very romantic. Mediterranean cuisine, delicious fish.
- Cuba Company. Just good food, a nice piece of meat, fish or pasta. The music is good and the location is nice on the square near the sea.
- Karel’s Beach Bar. Bonaire’s only restaurant that’s really on the water, built on a large jetty in the middle of the boulevard. From here you can jump on the water taxi to Klein Bonaire.
- Pasa Bon Pizza. If you don’t feel like cooking or dinner out.. order take away pizza from the best pizza place on Bonaire, just like home!